Best answer

Limit triggers to specific Goal with New Goals trigger in Google Analytics

Hi guys,

I am trying to setup a trigger for a specific GA Goal. 

I have 9 GA goals set up in GA (See below) but Zapier is only showing me 3 options. 

Goals A 
Goals B 

Goals C

any ideas how I can get Zapier to show me all 9 goals to choose from?

Thanks a million

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 8 July 2021, 18:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Those are sample events for you to use to map your data in the additional steps. Zapier will only pull back the 3 most recent events. 

I am not sure what your intended case is for needed more but there is a search action you can use to find a specific goal. 

Thank you @GetUWired 

That is the bit I am stuck on. I can’t seem to see where to set the specific goal in the Trigger.

I only want the Trigger to fire on e.g. Goal 9. 

In the Test trigger screen I only see 3 goals

• I click load more on the Trigger screen and it says it cant’ find and more goals
  • If I use the search feature there it still only sees those 3 goals

I wonder if I need the paid version to access > 3 GA goals?

No option to choose a specific goal

No where to choose a goal

Only shows 3 goals to choose from in the Test step

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@breed01 
 Those 3 goals are ‘sample events’ pulled from your account to give you the data you need to finish configuring your zap. Zapier will only show 3 recent goals. Loading more won’t go find more goals unless there are newer goals since the last time Zapier checked.

If you only want to allow a certain type of goal through, then I would explore using a filter step as step 2. 

https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-conditions-to-zaps-with-filters