Best answer

JotForm all Fields to Zapier

• 14 April 2021
  • 3 replies

TLDR: Any way to get the data from a JotForm submission as an array?  Or, a better way to fill the fields on a PDF?

I’m using JotForm for a lot of data collection and Zapier triggers.  We’ve also been using Formstack Documents (was WebMerge) to fill PDF forms with the data from JotForm, but we’re trying to get away from Formstack because they are too expensive.  While JotForm’s PDF builder/integration exists, it’s not great.

Enter PDF4Me.  They have a lot of nifty features and are constantly improving the toolkit.  They have recently released a form-filler function with a lot of potential.  Unfortunately, right now it only supports an array of data being passed to it like this:

[[“fieldFirstName”,” fieldLastName”,”AddressLine01”],
  [“Val1”,”Val2”,”Val3”]]

The kicker is I can’t figure out how to get the data from JotForm to Zapier in this format.  Any ideas?

I’m not set on PDF4Me, but their pricing (<$10/mo is far better than Formstack’s at >$100/mo).

icon

Best answer by AnjelikaCh 9 June 2021, 10:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello @ACA

you can take a look at Plumsail Documents, it has functionality for populating PDF forms. Pricing is 3 times less than Formstack Documents. 

And you don’t need to pass data to the PDF form as an array:

There a few guides on using Plumsail Documents with Jotform in Zapier - https://plumsail.com/documents/integrations/jotform 

They are about Word and Excel documents, not PDF form, but the logic is similar. If you have any questions, I’ll be happy to help you. 

Angelika

Screenshot below, as requested. 

I know I can add custom names for fields in JotForm, that’s not the problem.  I can’t find a way to get the entire array of submitted data out in one block.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @ACA,

If you could share a screenshot of the PDF4Me zapier configuration page then it’d be much cleaner to be advised.

Anyway, you should be able to just writhe the entire array template and replace the values with the values from Jotform.

[[“fieldFirstName”,” fieldLastName”,”AddressLine01”],
[“JotformFirstName”,”JotformLastName”,”AddressLine01”]]

The only issue I can see there if your field titles are dynamic, in that case, you are gonna have to use a python or javascript action to solve the logic.