Best answer

Jira Software Cloud Workaround for "trouble retrieving custom fields from Jira"

• 16 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I currently have trouble when I am using the Update Issue in Jira Software Cloud. The problem arises I enter a custom value as the issue key using a value from a previous step in my automation. When I try to do so I get a “Zapier had trouble retrieving custom fields from Jira" as seen below. I already contacted support and it seems that it is a bug that Zapier is working on, but I was wondering if anyone had a workaround that works so that I may update my issues.

icon

Best answer by arkhamknighthell 6 April 2020, 21:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

@moscamo

I actually ended up using the solution found in: https://community.zapier.com/ask-the-community-3/update-status-issue-on-jira-is-not-working-971

Basically instead of using the JIRA automation I created JIRA API request by doing the following:

1. Webhooks by Zapier
  2. Selecting Custom Request 
  3. Under method I used Put.
  4. Added my data in JSON format
  5. Authorization I had to create a JIRA API Key.
  6.  Headers: Content-Type: application/json

This allowed me to make changes to the JIRA ticket I was trying to modify.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I’m sorry that you’ve run into this trouble with your Zap and thanks for letting us know that you’ve already contacted the Support Team about this.

I’ve not come across a workaround myself and I’m not sure that it will be possible but if anyone has any ideas, please let us know!

@arkhamknighthell & @Danvers any news on this; i have the same issue; i’ve raised it with support today. Fingers crossed you have found a permanent solution or workaround.