Best answer

Issue with Formatter split text function

• 11 November 2021
  • 2 replies

I am testing setting up a multi-step Zap using the Formatter split text function to bring signer fields from esignatures.io into Google Sheets

The support team at esignatures.io sent me the following screenshots as documentation on how to set up the Zap

As you can see in their example all the comma separated text shows up as it’s own Item #

Yet when I set it up myself using a test contract the output looks quite different, with each item being labelled ‘Item 1’

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

icon

Best answer by Garethw 11 November 2021, 06:15

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Garethw 

Looks like the input data may be part of a nested array of line items, thus the output you’re seeing.

Working with nested arrays in Zaps can be tricky.

Try searching the Zapier Community for related topics: https://community.zapier.com/search?q=formatter%20nested%20array

Thanks Troy, as it turns out the esignatures.io Signer Fields Value data was in a line-item format, not a series of texts separated by commas.

Zapier tech support instructed me to utilize the Line-Item to Text Transform instead which solved my issue.