Best answer

Issue updating Google Sheets with WooCommerce - “Unable to parse range” error

• 27 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi all,

First, please let me apologies for my bad english.

I’m encoutering this error when testing my zap :

“The spreadsheet row could not be sent to Google Sheets.

There was an error writing to your Google sheet. Unable to parse range: 'Feuille 1'!HM5KJRXDS4:HM5KJRXDS4”

I haven’t made any changes to the google sheet, didn’t changed the name, no changes neither in the sheet.

I tried to update the Gdrive account, reselected the spreadsheet and worksheet. Didn’t worked…

For more details, my zap runs as follow :

1st step Trigger : Line Item in an Order in WooCommerce
2nd step Action : Lookup Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets

3rd step Action : Update Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets

I’ll join some screenshots so you can have an idea.

Any help would be very apreciated.

TYA

icon

Best answer by justin.vanos 27 January 2022, 11:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sorry, i don’t know why the images are not showing in previous post.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove sensitive information. Please remember to obfuscate any personally identifiable information prior to posting as this is a public forum. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Raoni ,

Thanks for question here and really appreciate the screenshots you shared!

It looks like Google Sheets is actually looking for the Row # under the Row field in the Update Spreadsheet Row step. 

The value you currently have in the Row field can be placed in one of the subsequent fields like Airbnb ID. 

In Step 2, that should’ve provided you with a ID value that you can then use in step 3. This ID value corresponds to the Row number in the Google Sheets. 

Would you mind giving that a try? Let me know if you need any help!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @justin.vanos thank you so much for you reply.

Sounds obvious now that you told me :sweat_smile: I was trigerring the wrong information from the lookup step.

Again, thank you for your help ! You saved my day :raised_hands:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

It’s me again :disappointed:

I’m having a new problem now that woocommerce updates my gsheets. (i’ll call it the 2nd zap)

I have another zap (i’ll call it the 1st zap) that checks for any update on the spreadsheet and sends it to gcalendar.

But since the 2nd zap worked, the 1st zap trigerred and updated the spreadshit every 3 minutes until all my available tasks where gone.

It created about 350 times the same event in gcalendar, not adding any row to the spreadshit but changing the “calendar ID” row each time. 

I guess the 2nd zap update made the 1st zap run into a loop but can’t figure out why ?

I took a look at that help page :
https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-with-google-calendar#event-updated-is-triggering-multiple-times-on-the-same-event

But i dont use repeated events...

Again, thank you in advance for any help.

Bests,
Raoni