Question

Is there any way to limit the number of times a zap runs every day?

• 21 May 2021
  • 1 reply

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hello, I’ve been using the free plan of Zapier so far but I have to upgrade now since I’ve exhausted the monthly quota for zap runs.

Once I uprade my account, is there any way to limit the number of times a zap runs? My zap fetches content from the web and it runs without any restrictions. But I want to limit it and so that I don’t run out of my plan’s quota.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @marvelpulse 

As you stated, Zapier runs without restrictions, My first thought would be to include a filter somewhere to stop the zap from running early on.

You could also set up an additional zap to manage your zap. 

Some ideas: 

• Set up a zap using Zapier Manager  https://zapier.com/apps/zapier-manager/integrations so that your Zap is only on during business hours. Use scheduler by Zapier to trigger when the zap turns on and off. 
  • Set a variable in Zapier Storage for the max number of times you want Zapier to run. Each time your zap runs, it would have to check this number and pass through a filter at the end of the zap it would need to increment this variable. There would need to be another zap that resets the value each day