Question

Is there a zap for uploading YouTube Shorts (YT's new TikTok competitor)

• 14 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

YouTube has added a mobile-only format called shorts, which is designed to be uploaded from a mobile app. I have a video production workflow and I want my zap to upload videos that get served on the Short product line.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Not right now @Depot  - so I’ll flag this so someone from the team can add your vote to a feature request.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Depot, welcome to the Community!

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu is correct here, it doesn’t look like the current YouTube integration has a specific action for uploading Shorts to YouTube. There isn’t an existing feature request for this so I’d recommend contacting our Support Team about this.

If you give them details of the desired triggers and/or actions and any requirements you may have, like being able to tag them or notify subscribers for example, they’ll be able to open up a feature request for this and add your vote for it. :)

Userlevel 1

This is an interesting one, because YouTube seems to send my vertical videos that are <1 minute to Shorts automatically, but there's no documentation about this. 

What I'm looking for us assurance that the video will only display as a short, not a standard video. 

Thanks for the replies guys.