Best answer

Is there a way to upload a Zoom meeting recording to YouTube?

Userlevel 4
Badge

I'm trying to get Zapier to upload a finished meeting recording from Zoom to YouTube. My connected accounts are working fine. So, things currently look like this in my draft Zap:

When 1. New Recording in Zoom

1. Trigger Event = New Recording
  2. Meeting Type = Meeting
  3. Find Data = Successfully pulls in my only current Zoom meeting recording

Do This 2. Upload Video in YouTube

1. Title = Topic: Pulls in name of my calendar event (which is the name of my meeting, which is perfect)
  2. Description = I can type in something here as a standard description, so that's great.
  3. Then (and I think this is when it breaks down) Video = It doesn't give me a video FILE; it only gives me an option for the Video share URL.

I was wondering if the fix could be to add in a middle step between the two that would fix it. Something like:

1. New meeting recording in Zoom
  2. Download meeting recording (to somewhere) from Zoom share URL (I think?)
  3. Then, upload that file to YouTube.

But, I'm not seeing a way to do that. Anyone know how to make this work? Am I on the right track?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 11 August 2020, 02:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

53 replies

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the update, fingers crossed!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Oof! My apologies, everyone—that email from Zapier made me think things were working as they should be now and I’ve stopped doing the part of my business that required this so I hadn’t been seeing any failed attempts. Thanks for the update, @nicksimard.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

UPDATE!

As you can read in this article, Zoom’s New Recording trigger now downloads files!!

There are some caveats, so be sure to have a look at that link above. But, hopefully, this helps a lot of y’all out :)