Best answer

Is there a way to upload a Zoom meeting recording to YouTube?

Userlevel 4
Badge

I'm trying to get Zapier to upload a finished meeting recording from Zoom to YouTube. My connected accounts are working fine. So, things currently look like this in my draft Zap:

When 1. New Recording in Zoom

1. Trigger Event = New Recording
  2. Meeting Type = Meeting
  3. Find Data = Successfully pulls in my only current Zoom meeting recording

Do This 2. Upload Video in YouTube

1. Title = Topic: Pulls in name of my calendar event (which is the name of my meeting, which is perfect)
  2. Description = I can type in something here as a standard description, so that's great.
  3. Then (and I think this is when it breaks down) Video = It doesn't give me a video FILE; it only gives me an option for the Video share URL.

I was wondering if the fix could be to add in a middle step between the two that would fix it. Something like:

1. New meeting recording in Zoom
  2. Download meeting recording (to somewhere) from Zoom share URL (I think?)
  3. Then, upload that file to YouTube.

But, I'm not seeing a way to do that. Anyone know how to make this work? Am I on the right track?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 11 August 2020, 02:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

53 replies

Heads up that I did find this third-party app that you can install via Zoom but it's an additional $4.99 a month. I've sent open tickets to both the Zapier and Zoom support teams, requesting this be made a regular feature, though.

Have you really managed to make this app work?
I did it and some files are just not uploaded and some are incomplete which is in my workflow not acceptable

I would love some feedback on this

and please @nicksimard add me to this feature request

Heads up that I did find this third-party app that you can install via Zoom but it's an additional $4.99 a month. I've sent open tickets to both the Zapier and Zoom support teams, requesting this be made a regular feature, though.

Thank you for doing that. Is there a way we can vote for those tickets so that they see there’s an interest in that feature?

Hi, @Danvers or @steph.n - can you please add me to the feature request as well? Being able to automatically transport video files from Zoom to YouTube is a critical need for my organization and the main reason for using Zapier at this point. Please CC dylan@authentic.tech for email notifications. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

I would love to follow this topic! Adding URL is really what I need. By the way, I would like to recommend a third-party screen recorder Windows here. Sometimes I use it to record live chat like group discussions. 

Userlevel 1

@Danvers can you please add me too? I'm also looking for a reliable way to get zoom recordings to youtube. Unfortunately zappier can't get it done, and I'm not feeling confident in the splain.io app. They are saying that they're having problems with incomplete uploads, etc. on weekdays.

Also a pretty sketchy UX for getting signed up. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@SJr I have added you as an interested user for this feature request so you will be notified should there be an update!

Userlevel 4
Badge

This feature has been added! Thanks, Zapier team!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I’m really glad that we were able to work with the Zoom Team to move this feature along @Brandi 🙌

EDIT: I’ve checked in on this and it’s not been resolved, we’re still waiting on a fix, I’m sorry about that!

Hi, can you please provide the URL which we should add in the zapier, still unable to figure that out.

Thanks

Arpit

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @arpitmittal -  I jumped the gun a bit on this one; the issue hasn’t been resolved so you wont currently be able to get the download link from Zoom. I’ve added you to the feature request so you’ll get an email when it’s resolved. I hope that helps and sorry again for the misunderstanding!

Userlevel 1

I’d like to be added to the feature request as well.

I’m getting the following error when trying to upload a Zoom recording to YouTube. Is the related to this feature request or is it another issue?

The upload video could not be sent to YouTube. ('Connection aborted.', gaierror(-2,))

Hi there, I’m also trying to get this to work. Could you please update me when fixed?

Hi @Danvers please add me too 😊 

I’m going to go out on a limb here, and call me a cynic, but because Zoom is charging for cloud storage, I’m actually skeptical that this will be high on their list. 

It looks like Splain is the only one to have developed a third-party solution, but they require you to set up a manual subscription (so dodgy) via email 🤦‍♂️ 

Thank you!

Ben

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

-@Danvers and/or @nicksimard  please add everyone you can to this feature request, including myself.- 

Yay, thanks for getting it done :)

Oh no I jumped the gun too, still marked as `solved`

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I know this thread is 3 months old.
I haven’t tested this either so I don’t know if it would work.

I have my Zoom recording set to store in a dropbox folder.  Perhaps a new file in the dropbox folder could would upload the YouTube.  The trigger and action combo exists

David

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Davidh88: This topic has been solved! Zapier/Zoom added this functionality (see the thread), so this is no longer an issue!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey, everyone! I’m realizing that I got an individual email from Zapier and that the step-by-step solution wasn’t posted here (as far as I can tell, though there are more than 40 replies on this thread and I haven’t read through all of them). Here’s what you need to do, and why some of you are experiencing the error + how to skip sending data (as that will keep giving you an error, but the zap still works). Note at the end, too, they addressed the fact that video uploads can’t be added to a specific Playlist in YouTube, but that they’re considering that feature, as well.

This is the exact email text I got from Zapier. Hopefully it’s helpful—

//

With that Video field, you'll want to make sure to just use the Video Files Download URL there and remove that other value there:

0cf9bca6550fc06d56c96472d859de44.png
(view larger)

Then, since that sample value shows as empty (but the live runs will have live data there), you can just click the Skip Test button to get past that error:

f1ca8388da8569a91ae0f4a3612e99ef.png
(view larger)

As for adding that video to a playlist in Youtube, I can see that the Youtube app currently doesn't support that.

Although that's not something that app currently offers, I can see that other users are interested in having something similar. Because of that, I've gone ahead and submitted this as a feature request to the team in charge of this integration on your behalf. This means that if this feature does get developed by that team, we'll reach out to you directly to let you know!

While we can't guarantee that all feature requests are implemented, customer feedback like this is a huge part of how we continue to grow our platform, so we thank you for it.

I hope that helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Hey, everyone! I’m realizing that I got an individual email from Zapier and that the step-by-step solution wasn’t posted here (as far as I can tell, though there are more than 40 replies on this thread and I haven’t read through all of them). Here’s what you need to do, and why some of you are experiencing the error + how to skip sending data (as that will keep giving you an error, but the zap still works). Note at the end, too, they addressed the fact that video uploads can’t be added to a specific Playlist in YouTube, but that they’re considering that feature, as well.

This is the exact email text I got from Zapier. Hopefully it’s helpful—

//

With that Video field, you'll want to make sure to just use the Video Files Download URL there and remove that other value there:

0cf9bca6550fc06d56c96472d859de44.png
(view larger)

Then, since that sample value shows as empty (but the live runs will have live data there), you can just click the Skip Test button to get past that error:

f1ca8388da8569a91ae0f4a3612e99ef.png
(view larger)

As for adding that video to a playlist in Youtube, I can see that the Youtube app currently doesn't support that.

Although that's not something that app currently offers, I can see that other users are interested in having something similar. Because of that, I've gone ahead and submitted this as a feature request to the team in charge of this integration on your behalf. This means that if this feature does get developed by that team, we'll reach out to you directly to let you know!

While we can't guarantee that all feature requests are implemented, customer feedback like this is a huge part of how we continue to grow our platform, so we thank you for it.

I hope that helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Tried this, but the zap does not seem to be working. Did this work for any of you?

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Liz_Roberts Wondering if we can pull in a Zapier team member to get back on this ticket, as it’s “Solved,” but folks keep experiencing issues and looking for it as a feature, and I’m not sure how to provide answers/support to the continued comments.

Userlevel 1

Hello @Liz_Roberts @Danvers, I just followed your instructions and I’m still getting an error.

The app returned "Media type 'text/html;charset=utf-8' is not supported.".

@nicksimard could you also add me to the feature request for zoom recording to youtube upload? 

I’ve tried and tried to get zapier to take a new zoom video and send it to my youtube account. No matter what I try, it never works. I followed the instructions Brandi posted to the letter, and it still does not work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey everyone! Thanks for your patience and sorry for the confusion this has been causing. Allow me to clarify a few things:

1. We have an existing feature request that is still open and unresolved as of the writing of this message.
  2. It’s still not possible to upload the video recording from Zoom to another app using the Zapier integration.
  3. There IS a field provided by Zoom that gives the impression that you’re able to, but it requires a password to access it.
  4. You ARE able to disable requiring a password to access cloud recordings in Zoom settings, but that still doesn’t make the URL in Zapier work.

So as I write this, the Zoom integration does not provide a field that can be used to send the recording file anywhere else. 

NOTE: this topic is marked as solved because we have chosen a best answer, here in the Zapier Community, and not because the feature being requested has been added. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Sue M @boc @Ali @roUpekkha @BBadmin ​​​@David Palfreyman @www404 You have all been added to the feature request :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks for the clarification @nicksimard.

I believe my workaround with work.  I will test if it does next week!