Best answer

Is there a way to automate dropbox file requests?

• 17 June 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi

I managed to create zap that adds a new folder to my Dropbox and names it with the customer name and email address. I need a way to automatically send a Dropbox file request to each customer folder as they are created. Is this possible? 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by christina.d 13 April 2022, 20:16

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jaonphoto!

That feature is not available in the Dropbox integration at the moment, I'm afraid. It's something other users have asked for so I've gone ahead and added your vote for this feature request. 

If it does get added you’ll be notified via email. For now, though, you won’t be able to accomplish your desired workflow by using the Dropbox integration on Zapier.

Userlevel 3

Thanks for the heads up. Do you know of any possible workarounds? I saw some info on dropbox about using Python to automate requests but it’s above my level of expertise. Wondering if a dedicated PC running Python programme could automatically create a file request using email addresses received on a specific email account? Or perhaps there is another way? Any workaround that would do this task would be a huge help. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@ikbelkirasan @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu any ideas on a Python workaround here? Or another alternative you may have seen? Thank you!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Liz_Roberts - Hmm, Dropbox API requires OAuth2 so it’s not possible to make API requests from a code step. Thus, a custom integration would be required to communicate with its API.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks @ikbelkirasan !

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi all! I wanted to get anyone who may have stumbled across this thread pointed at the main topic here:

If and when this gets implemented we’ll be sure to make the announcement there in addition to emailing anyone who’s vote has already been added. I might also recommend subscribing to that topic to make sure you’ll receive a notification when any new updates take place in the linked thread! 

NOTE: Thank you in advance for not creating duplicate topics related to this feature request.