Best answer

Is there a limit to how many columns you can map in a Google Doc template?

• 8 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a template document that has a lot of formatting in it so I need to map hundreds of custom fields to get it all set up as the client wants.

I am have got as far as column ANP in Google Sheets (and may need to add more in the future) and the Zap step can’t find any column after ALH.

Is there a limit set on the number of columns or custom fields you can have in a “Create Document from Template” step?

Thanks for your help.

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 20 August 2020, 14:49

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi there!

There isn’t a number of Google Sheet columns that a Zap will find, no. I wasn’t 100% sure on how many columns a Zap will be able to show in the Zap editor so I asked the excellent @JasonZapier to do some testing and he was able to get all the way up to at least column ANP.

Have you added more columns to the sheet since you first tested the Zap? If so, try retesting the trigger step to see if that finds the new columns. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have retested the trigger multiple times with multiple different sheets, I have tried mapping the fields using the hardcoded Sheet instead of the one found by the trigger. all with no luck.

At the last test it was unable to find columns that I had previously successfully mapped. This is a real showstopper for my project, please help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @L-RV ,

I am escalating this to Support so that they can look at your configuration to troubleshoot. 

Sit tight and someone will be in touch just as soon as they can!

I am having a similar problem. Was there any suggested resolutions to this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Natalie!

If you have added any new columns, were you able to try retesting the trigger step to see if that finds them? If so and you are still running into issues our Support team will need to dig into your configuration to help get you squared away! They can be reached here: Zapier Support Team and will be happy to help!