Question

invoice number given in zap is not updating in quickbooks

• 31 May 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Zap is not updating invoice number that I am giving in quickbooks. Its creating invoices with auto generated numbers in quickbooks. 

I want to give order  number as quickbooks invoice number. I want to update invoice number filed in create invoice section with order number, any suggesiot, why this is happening?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @chaitra!

You mentioned order numbers and wanting to use those to create invoice numbers. I think you may have neglected to mention what the trigger app is for your Zap. Is it something like Shopify that you’re using (I ask because that’s a pretty common one)?

And do you have a screenshot you could share, of what you’ve added to the Invoice Number field in the QuickBooks step of your Zap?

Userlevel 1

Hi @nicksimard 

Here are the details which I had shared with support. As a custom filed in invoice, I am able to print the order name. But in quick books its creating invoice with  different number RSNT21R1208 .

fields assigned as part of create invoice ZAP. ( shopify to quickbooks)

CustomField

DefinitionId

Name

Order #

Type

StringType

StringValue

RSNT21R5272N

DocNumber RSNT21R1208 

fields assigned as part of create invoice.   >» this is not working and it creates invoice with RSNT21R1208

Can anyone let me know if I am missing something here or help me get past this? I am not able to use ZAP due to this. I have shared multiple screenshots of zap, quickbooks and the entire zap link with all fields and the zap itself, but no luck with customer care yet. 

Userlevel 1

@nicksimard 

By the time Zapier support tries to fix this, I came up with workaround and it worked. I had to add additional tasks to update invoice.

But this will cost me more tasks, can I be not charged for these tasks as I am using this only to get past the issue with create invoice?

Userlevel 1

@nicksimard   

I was able to Root cause the issue, i think. 

In quickbooks the invoice number gets reset after you enter  product details. So, ZAP might be setting it but its getting reset. You should handle in API to rest it back to order number( user given input) before saving the invoice.

Let me know if someone from zapier can try and confirm this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @chaitra I can see that you also reached out to our Support Team about this and they confirmed the following:

This definitely isn't the expected behaviour here so I have gone ahead and alerted our team in charge of this integration, so that they can review this issue further. While I can't provide an ETA for when this issue might be resolved, we will reach out to you via email once it is.