Best answer

Intercom Javascript Exeption: TypeError: Cannot read property 'tags' of undefined

• 9 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey I saw this post. 

And it has been 9 months, but I experience now the same thing. I am wondering if there is a solution for this?

Best regards,

Leo

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 9 June 2021, 20:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@LeofromPayPro 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @LeofromPayPro!

Another user reported this kind of error. When they tested Tag Added to Lead trigger, it failed with Javascript Exception: TypeError: Cannot read property 'tags' of undefined. This was because they had no users with the selected tag, which was evident when we checked our detailed logs. Once they tagged a user, the error went away.

Can you make sure that the trigger you’re testing has something that matches what it’s looking for, to see if that fixes things for you?

Userlevel 1

Yes, it works thanks! The problem was that there is a differentiation between users and leads in intercom and the tag was first given to the wrong one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @LeofromPayPro!

Great to hear that it worked for you :)