Best answer

Integrating Things 3 and Trello using Zapier

• 18 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to create todos in Things 3 by Culture Code every time I create a new card in Trello with the title of the Trello card.  Problem I am having is the Todo that is being created is just whatever standard message I put in the customize “Title” and “Note” section whenever I set it up in Zapier.  I mean that's kind pointless.  I want the todo to have the Title of the card in Trello not just some repeating message I had set up in the past.  Any help appreciated.

icon

Best answer by srockrae 26 March 2020, 21:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @srockrae, thanks for writing to us today! Happy to help here.

I took a quick look, and I didn’t see that you configured. Mind filling out the the fields Board and List? I believe once you do this part, you should be able to pull the fields into your sample data to map out the information that you are looking to show in your Things 3 instance. Could you give this a try and let me know if it worked for you? Thanks!

Userlevel 1

So I added the board and etc…. It still when I add a new card and due date it just brings over the title from Zapier that I input.  In this case “From Trello” is what I put in the title.  I want it to show the Trello Card title not the same thing everytime.  I want it to pull over the title of the new card I am setting up.

Thx
Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @srockrae I’m sorry for the delay in coming back to you on this!

When you click in the Title field for the Todo in Things, you should see the option to add information from the Trello trigger. Choose the Trello card title from the list, and then each time the Zap runs it will use the title of the trello card as the title of the todo. ​I hope that's clear, please let me know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 1

Thanks, I finally figured it out.  Right now I am creating a todo for every new card.  For some reason it makes me name the board.  If I leave blank in order to trigger a todo from any board it does not work for some reason.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for letting us know that you figured this one out! 🙌