Best answer

Instagram to RSS - Image URL Expires

• 12 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I use the Instagram → RSS by Zapier integration for many of our customers. 

I’ve experienced a recurring issue where the Image URL for existing post in the feeds expires. Example: https://scontent-lga3-2.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.29350-15/212708581_325717979215716_6535602425963013702_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8ae9d6&_nc_ohc=lbjZAZb1fA4AX8I8lZD&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.cdninstagram.com&oh=017f901a614ddc8422206747af6a851a&oe=60E8F4E8

This post and the image are still present in the customer’s instagram feed. However when I go to this URL in the browser, I receive the message “URL signature expired”. Our integration is dependent on that working image URL. Is this a known issue and/or is there a way to correct this in the setup?

icon

Best answer by SamB 13 October 2021, 17:15

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@IndustryWeapon 

Consider saving those images to a GDrive Folder and using the returned link for the file instead.

I have the same problem, @IndustryWeapon . Has anyone posed a viable solution?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here as spotted @IndustryWeapon also reached out to our Support Team about this. I wanted to share their suggestion here in case it’s helpful to others:

“From what I've been able to find, Instagram's media_url links contain an expiration date component, and the image will not be able to be accessed via that link. Here's a link to a discussion on a forum about this.

That said, my recommendation would be to persist the image in your own cloud storage solution (Google Drive, for example) using the media_url link that they provide and then use the image URL link that your cloud storage solution provides within your the RSS feed.

Alternatively, you can try adding "media?size=l" to the end of the permalink that Instagram provides, as this should result in a URL that can be used to view the image for a longer period of time according to the forum mentioned above.”