Best answer

Infusionsoft campaign with expiring discount

• 18 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi folks.

I’m trying to implement a marketing automation campaign in Infusionsoft and somebody suggested I might be able to make it work in Zapier.

Here’s the background...

My front-end marketing funnel is:

Opt-in page --> emails --> sales page (on website) --> questionnaire (on website) --> Calendly (for appointment scheduling) --> order form.

I’m trying to figure out a way for all new subscribers (contacts) to access a discount offer which expires 7 days after opt-in.

The challenge, it seems, is that you can’t make an Infusionsoft discount expire on a delay timer.

I could send them down a different path so they only reach an order form with a discount in the emails sent in the first 7 days.

The problem with this approach is they could still click a link in one of the emails from the first 7 days and redeem the discount.

Is there a way to make this work?

I understand there’s an Infusionsoft addon called PlusThis which has a ‘magic links’ option that directs someone to a different link based on what tags set.

I’d rather not pay for another tool. Is there a way to do something similar with Zapier?

Thanks in advance for your time and support!

Callum.

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 20 March 2020, 14:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @callumpbirch ,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I see that you are working with Support with the above workflow. Posting Support’s response below to help other users who may be curious about a similar flow. 

Sorry we don’t have better news but let us know if you have any additional questions!

“Since the contact could click on a link in an older email and still get the discount even after the 7 days, I can't think of a way via Zapier to prevent that. You could add a tag to an InfusionSoft contact after 7 days but that would still require the add-on you mentioned which re-directs someone based on the tags set. Looking at the actions available on the InfusionSoft Zapier app I don't see a way for us to change where those links lead, unfortunately.”