Best answer

Include link url to a Zap run in action

• 12 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I’m building a workflow to debug some Zapier tasks. Within the workflow I collect different variables from the trigger service and at the end, it send me a DM in slack with this information. 

When using Slack, Zapier has the option to “Include A Link To This Zap”, which is fine for debugging, but what I’d like to have is the option to include a link to the Zap run. Do you know if there is a way to get this information and add it, maybe as data, to the task?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by hector-paz 14 July 2021, 08:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @hector-paz 

Zapier doesn’t offer an API yet.

Zapier Manager will be the closest thing to get the Zap Runs link: https://zapier.com/apps/zapier-manager/integrations

Userlevel 1

Hi!

I just found out a solution to my own question. There is a “Sub zap by Zapier” integration, that triggers a Zap from another Zap. The Sub-Zap will receive a parent_task_history_link value from the parent Zap, which contains the link to the run.

You can return this value to the parent task in the “Return From a Sub-Zap” step as an output value:

Return from a Sub-Zap example

It works and it can be reused by other Zaps to get the link to the run for debugging purposes, and avoid having to browse the history and find the run.

Thank you!