Best answer

Identity and Icon in post to Microsoft Teams

• 2 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

We are migrating from Slack to Microsoft Teams. I do clearly see that there are far more options to customize posts to Slack. I’d love all those options, but the main issue I have is simply the identity. When I set up a Zap it posts to Microsoft Teams as me. My name, my photo, my identity. If I am doing a post from a 3rd party app I’d prefer to make it look like the post is from that app (name and icon) or at the very least make it appear that it is a zap/automation instead of appearing as a personal post from me. 

Thoughts? How can I do this?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 6 August 2020, 15:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Thank you, that is the response I expected. I appreciate you adding me to future update notifications. I am looking for workarounds, but this would be a huge help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @TimeZest ,

Thanks for reaching out!

I do not believe sending messages from bots (similar to Slack) is possible at the moment. There is an open feature request for this functionality that I have added you to which does a few things: 

• Re-raises this issue with the app’s dev team
  • Adds weight to the issue in queue
  • Reminds us to update you if/when there is an update

I don't have an ETA as to when there may be an update, but you'll definitely be notified as soon as we have any news. I know that’s not the answer you were hoping for but perhaps someone can chime in if they have uncovered a potential workaround here!