Best answer

I ran out of tasks - not sure what will happen if I upgrade

• 21 May 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I have been using Zapier for a week and it is AMAZING! However, we’re trialling it for a charity event we’re running and we have run out of tasks already and being asked to upgrade.

My question is - it’s the 21st May. If I upgrade and pay for a month’s usage, will this run until the 21st June? Or will I get billed a proportional amount for the remainder of May and then full for June.

I can’t find the answer to this anywhere.

icon

Best answer by jpot 21 May 2020, 17:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey! My name is Justin and I write for the Zapier blog. 

Any changes to your Zapier billing plan are done on a pro rata basis, so you'll only be charged for the days on the plan. Changes to the billing plan also will reset your billing cycle.

So, in your case, let’s assume you're on a Starter Plan for $20/month, and that you’re halfway through the first month. On May 21st you upgrade to a Professional Plan for $50/month.

1. You'll receive a $10 credit (for half a month of Starter Plan)
2. This credit will be applied to the upgrade, so you'll only pay $40 for the first month of the Professional Plan.
3. One month from the upgrade, you'll pay $50 for the 2nd month of the Professional Plan

I hope this makes sense! 

Userlevel 1

thank you.

I guess my question is will my billing cycle run from the 21st of the month, or will it run until the 1st and then run monthly like that.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

thank you.

I guess my question is will my billing cycle run from the 21st of the month, or will it run until the 1st and then run monthly like that.

Sorry, I should have been more clear! When you upgrade you start a new billing cycle, which starts on the day that you upgrade. So yes: your billing cycle will run from the 21st of the month. 

Userlevel 1

That’s great - thank you!