Best answer

I'm using "Delay For" for sending email reminders for different dates in a summit. how can I know the people register after those dates won't get them?

• 8 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, 

I want to trigger seven different emails on different dates for a summit, e.g. “April 24th 9am EST” send reminder email. Then delay until “April 26th 9am EST” and send another reminder from Mailchimp. 

How can I be sure new users in my Mailchimp audience don’t get the reminders for a already past date, but get the next reminders on the queue in zapier?

The question below is confusing me as what happens when the date is in the past. What does it mean with continue? Does It means that it will trigger it if it’s within one hour? otherwise it will stop and keep my future task paused? or it will not trigger the next task but will go to the next available delay until and trigger the next reminder?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

icon

Best answer by XRay Tech 9 April 2021, 16:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Badge +4

@alonsovaes To answer your question about dates in the past:  This is for if you put a date into the “Delay Until” field that has already occurred when the Zap is triggered. For instance, delay until 4/7 would not trigger today if you select “Continue if it’s up to one hour” but could trigger if you select “continue if it’s up to one week.” Since it sounds like you’ll be scheduling all of these at once then I don’t believe this will be relevant for you unless the trigger for this automation is adding new people to your MailChimp audience. 

If you let me know how your Zap is structured (particularly the trigger) I can tell you for certain if this will be an issue. However, it sounds like you most likely have nothing to worry about here. 

-XRay

Userlevel 1

@alonsovaes To answer your question about dates in the past:  This is for if you put a date into the “Delay Until” field that has already occurred when the Zap is triggered. For instance, delay until 4/7 would not trigger today if you select “Continue if it’s up to one hour” but could trigger if you select “continue if it’s up to one week.” Since it sounds like you’ll be scheduling all of these at once then I don’t believe this will be relevant for you unless the trigger for this automation is adding new people to your MailChimp audience. 

If you let me know how your Zap is structured (particularly the trigger) I can tell you for certain if this will be an issue. However, it sounds like you most likely have nothing to worry about here. 

-XRay

Sure, @XRayTech let me explain my Zap here:

Trigger - User getting into a google sheet.

Action - adding a user to the Mailchimp audience

Delay - until date 24th April 9 am EST

Then 

Action - Add a tag to the user in Mailchimp (when I do this an email is sent to that user from mailchimp.)

Delay - until date 26th April 9am EST

Then 

Action - Add a tag to the user in Mailchimp (when I do this an email is sent to that user from mailchimp.)

Delay until date 27th April 9am EST

Then 

Action - Add a tag to the user in Mailchimp (when I do this an email is sent to that user from Mailchimp.)

An so on…

Until 7 different delays are reached and tags are attached to the users and 7 emails sent each after the other. And I’m wondering what happens with a user getting in the Gsheet after the 26th of April? Will it get the after-date emails delayed? 

Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks!

Badge +4

@alonsovaes In this case I would recommend breaking this up into separate Zaps--one for each email. The reason being that if someone signs up in the middle of the campaign and you don’t want them to receive the old emails then you would end up stopping the whole sequence for them. 

Userlevel 1

@alonsovaes In this case I would recommend breaking this up into separate Zaps--one for each email. The reason being that if someone signs up in the middle of the campaign and you don’t want them to receive the old emails then you would end up stopping the whole sequence for them. 

Thanks @XRayTech! That makes sense.