Question

I am having difficulty bulk exporting Slack messages using a Transfer. It only displays 20 records.

• 19 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello, 

i’m having trouble bulk exporting Slack messages using a Transfer. This worked perfectly fine for my first bulk transfer last week, but on trying to create a new one, only 20 records are being displayed on the ‘Let’s take a look at your data’ page. 

I’m trying to export Slack posts from a private channel (just the original posts, not the entire threads) into Google Sheets (create new row for each post). This worked well previously for c1700 historical posts and I also have a Zap created to record new posts. However I want to do an additional historical export on another channel and I can’t get it to work this time due to it only loading the most recent 20 records. 

I have plenty of credits for the export (2000+). 

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Zeus 

Good question.

Probably best to open a ticket with Zapier Support for help with Transfer: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Free and trial accounts can preview up to 100 of the most recent records from their source app.
Paid accounts have no limit.

Thanks - I’m on a paid account and have opened an email support ticket 

(Bump) - Does anyone else have any ideas on this? I’m still waiting for support to get back to me

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Zeus! It looks like our support team replied to you a few days ago and said:

Taking a look at the Transfer setup, I see that this newest Transfer is for a different Slack channel than the previous one. Can you confirm that there are 1000+ messages for this particular channel? A screenshot of some of the messages within Slack (that don't appear in the Transfer selection) could be helpful if we need to file a bug report for this issue.

If you reply to that email, they can continue investigating for you!