Best answer

how update lead and assign parent contact for lead in Dynamics 365

• 30 January 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3

When a new contact is created in Hubspot I have a zap that creates a Dynamics 365 Contact and Lead.

When the LifeCycle in the Hubspot changes to Sales Qualified Lead I want to update the Dynamics 365 lead and assign the parent contact for the lead. (And in another scenario assign the Account)

The help caption on the Parent Contact for lead field says the following

Provide the Parent Contact for lead ID, not the Name here. Not sure how to use custom values? Learn more here. Choose a contact to connect this lead to, so that the relationship is visible in reports and analytics.

My Zap for this is as follows:

1 New Contact Property Change in Hubspot (based on LifeCycle Stage = salesqualifiedlead

2 Find Lead in Microsoft Dynamics 365

3 Update Lead in Microsoft Dynamics

How do I get the zapier Parent Contact field (or the Account field) to Look up the Contact or account?

Screen-Shot-2020-01-30-at-2.42.48-PM.png

icon

Best answer by jpearl 3 February 2020, 16:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @jpearl

Welcome!

You'll need to add a "Find Contact" step that finds the parent contact you want to attach to the lead. One of the output fields from that search step will be the contact ID you need.

Userlevel 3

Thank you, I had done that and it worked if I just chose the contact ID. If I chose to use the custom value it would alway result in a segment error. Dynamics Returned the following error "Resource not found for the segment 

Last night I added /contacts/ in front of the Contact ID and it worked.

Now I using the same procedure for parent account and getting Got 404 calling PATCH https://ccrmsandbox.crm3.dynamics.com/api/data/v9.0/leads

If I don't add /accounts/ in front of the accounts id I get the segment error.

Thanks for you reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

It sounds like we'll need someone to take a look at the logs for you to see what the trouble might be. I'm going to send this post as a ticket to the Support Team, who can do that for you 😊

Userlevel 3

Thanks for adding the ticket. The problem seems to have sorted itself out. I was using our Dynamics sandbox and thought it may not have all the recent patches so I tried using the live site. The live Dynamics site has the same error so I switched back to the sandbox. I retraced all my steps and tried again and this time it worked so I have know idea what changed other than it works.

Thank you for your assistance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I'm glad that things resolved themselves, thanks for letting us know!