Best answer

How to use Google Sheets to import and reserve Shopify products?

• 22 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi Zaiper,

We have a concern about how Zapier and how it will work on our end.

IMPORT PRODUCTS

We are trying to create and update product using  Google Sheet > Shopify Update / Create New Product, so everytime there is a new row under our Google sheet the Zapier will trigger and create new product to shopify which is good.

But when there is an update under the row, the zapier creates new product again leading to duplicate our product which creates new handle. On our google sheet there is a designated handle, so that if there is an update in the product it will just update on the specified handle.

Main concern: Can we have a field on the Update / Create New Product to have ‘Handle’ field? OR can we use our handle under google sheet? 

So that every time there is an existing product and row has been updated, it will only update the information for the specific handle, and not to create new product, for us to avoid duplicate items. 

RESERVE PRODUCTS

If can integrate using Zapier

If we have a Draft Order product (Reserved Product) how it will be shown to Zapier using Shopify > Google sheet integration? 

Thank you. Hope you can help us. 

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 22 July 2021, 14:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

HI @mashupr 

I do not see a Shopify action to Create/Update a product so I am assuming you have just a Create Product action which will always create a new product. 

You would have better luck with a flow like this:

Trigger: New Row in Google Sheets (or New/Updated Row in Google Sheets depending on your use case)

Step 2: Find/Create Product in Shopify

Step 3: Update Product in Shopify (update the product from step 2.)

HI @mashupr 

I do not see a Shopify action to Create/Update a product so I am assuming you have just a Create Product action which will always create a new product. 

You would have better luck with a flow like this:

Trigger: New Row in Google Sheets (or New/Updated Row in Google Sheets depending on your use case)

Step 2: Find/Create Product in Shopify

Step 3: Update Product in Shopify (update the product from step 2.)

Hi Thank you for you answer, one more thing. See our guide for importing product using google sheet and shopify.

Where under our google sheet there is specified handle so if every we import, if new handle is detected = New product and if existing handle detected it will just update the product (is this possible under zapier?)

Hoping for your answer. Many thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @mashupr 

Your step 2 action, Create Product, will always create a new product. You need to switch it to a Find/Create Product action.

Hi @mashupr 

Your step 2 action, Create Product, will always create a new product. You need to switch it to a Find/Create Product action.

Thank you this is noted :)