Best answer

How to use a Webex teams bot with Webex teams app in a zap?

• 11 March 2020
  • 3 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hello All,

We are building a zap that sends a message to webex teams for our team to see when a certain event is triggered. The app prompts us to use a user account, but we would like to use a bot to send the messages instead. The bots when created are given a Bearer token to use for authentication. How do we use a webex teams bot rather than a user account?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 26 March 2020, 13:15

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Seast! It looks like Webex doesn't have a public app on Zapier, to help us to better answer your question, can I ask if you are you creating your own Webex Zapier integration or are you using one that someone has shared with you?

Thanks!

Hello Danvers,

Webex teams does have a native app on zapier.

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 8.14.29 AM.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Seast - I’m sorry for the confusion there. It isn’t currently possible to post to a team as a bot. ​We do have an open feature request to add that addition and I've added you as another vote for this addition. That lets the Cisco Webex team know how many users are interested in the update and also means that we will send you an email if we have an update on this.