Best answer

How to use a PUT webhook to update Freshdesk Custom Field

• 14 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello all!

In our Freshdesk we have a custom dropdown which we can set to different statuses and one of them is 'Push to schedule' which currently is a filter in our Zapier workflow to either send this Freshdesk ticket as a task to Float or not. That works amazingly!

However what we want to achieve is that when that task runs in Zapier also this 'Install Status' is set to 'Assigned' after that beforementioned push.

image004.jpg@01D60E92.F42974E0

This is what I receive in Postman after a GET command:

image001.jpg@01D610D5.FDDC25B0

And reading this on the Freshdesk website I'm sure it should work somehow: https://support.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/216548-create-and-update-tickets-with-custom-fields-using-api

But the below PUT action I use in Zapier keeps failing.

ZAP history:

Anyone knows how I can update a custom dropdown field in Freshdesk using a webhook and a PUT task?

A POST task with these settings works fine, a private note gets added to that ticket. It's just the PUT task which should change that dropdown menu that I do not know how to achieve.

Thanks,

Tobias

icon

Best answer by Tobias-ITS 16 April 2020, 10:28

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Tobias,

I see that you had an exchange with our Support team and they suggested posting here in the Zapier Community :)

Since it does involve webhooks and third-party APIs, I’ve moved it to the Developer Discussion forum where our more technically-minded community members hang out! Hopefully, someone here can provide some guidance. 

Out of curiosity, have you reached out to FreshDesk to see if they can offer any insight at all?

Userlevel 1

Hi Nick,

Finally I got it to work this morning using this custom request in a Webhook in Zapier:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Tobias-ITS Thanks for letting us know that you worked this one out and sharing the solution 🙌