Question

How to transfer supplier name and dates (Google Sheets) to separate system?

• 20 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hey all!

I am trying to achieve something that should not be that hard. I just don’t get it to work properly. 

What am i trying to achieve?
In a google spreadsheet i have multiple rows. Each row stands for a supplier. In the first column the name of the supplier is mentioned and in the second column the expected delivery date is mentioned. There are 10 rows (10 suppliers and 10 dates) This data needs to be placed in another system by Zapier. 

The issue i have is how to determine, when a date is changed, to which supplier this is connected and in which of the 10 records in the other system it should be written? In the new system it needs to be saved, i have:

Supplier 1 (with an input field behind it)

Supplier 2 (with an input field behind it)

Supplier 3 (with an input field behind it)

Supplier 4 (with an input field behind it)

etc

During my test, i get a certain row id with the data in it from the spreadsheet. For example Row: 3, date: 20-02-2022. But the next time i test i get info from row 6 (row: 6, date:20-03-3022). How can i make sure the row 3 data will always be written in ‘Supplier 3 (with an input field behind it)’ and row 6 in ‘Supplier 6 (with an input field behind it)’

Thanks!

Jorg

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jorg Maijen 

Please post screenshots of how your Zap steps are currently configured, thanks.

You may need to do something like this with the Zaps steps.

1. Trigger: ???
  2. Action: GSheets - Lookup Row
  3. Action: GSheets - Update Row