Question

How to sync changes between Monday.com columns and Google Sheets?

• 28 August 2021
  • 7 replies

hi, how to reflect the changes I made on my Monday board to google sheet? For example, I have 25 columns on my Monday board, and the 15 columns of that board is now in my google sheet. And if there is changes made on that 15 columns from my Monday board, I want them to reflect the changes  on my google sheet at the same time.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Remdon,

Zapier doesn’t support this sort of two-way syncing between apps at the moment.

It is possible for you to trigger for New Update in Board in Monday.com and use a Lookup Spreadsheet Row Google Sheets search action to find the matching row, then use an Update Spreadsheet Row action to update it. This would update Google Sheets with changes made in Monday.com.

And it is possible to use the New or Updated Spreadsheet Row Google Sheets trigger in a second Zap, and follow that up with Get Column Values and Update Item Column Value Monday.com actions. This would update Monday.com with changes made in Google Sheets.

That said, the trouble with creating the second Zap here is that if you want to also sync the changes in Google Sheets back to Monday.com you’ll likely find that it creates an infinite Zap Loop! So it may be worth only syncing the updates only one-way or potentially use a Filter to check that the update should be added to Monday.com.

You can find out more about how to avoid Zap Loops here: Learn how to avoid Zap loops

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Remdon

TIP: You should turned on Developer Mode in Monday Labs to get the Monday internal column IDs: https://support.monday.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002138760-What-is-monday-labs-

If you’re only trying to do a 1-ways sync from Monday to GSheets, then give these Zap steps a try…

STEPS

1. Trigger: Monday - Column Value Changed in Board
  2. Action: Filter (check to see if the updated column was 1 of the 15 using OR conditions)
  3. Action: Monday - Get Column Values (to get all the Item column values)
  4. Action: GSheets - Find Row
  5. Action: GSheets - Update Row (map the Row ID from Step 4)

hi is my action trigger is correct? Its filter action by Zapier, but it keeps error

I follow the instructions on how to get the column id and I already see the id name of my columns but the id name does not appear. As you can see on the image that is not the right names of my id columns 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Remdon 

There is an ongoing incident with Zapier Filters currently that may be contributing to the errors you are getting: https://status.zapier.com/#incidents-list

hi sir, I set up other triggers on Monday board which is create new item, is my set up is correct? My goal is, if I add new item on my Monday board it will also add at the same time on my Gsheet. As you can see on my action on Gsheet, it gives me the right ID names from my Monday board, but when I test it and add new item on Monday board, the data that goes to my Gsheet is the exact data that is on the tag, example the “add3” “me” “level 2”. What I expect is when I add new item on Monday board, for example I add name Serj Tankian, that name is exactly goes to my Gsheet. What happen is, when I create new item on Monday board the tag will be copy on my Gsheet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Remdon 

You will need to make sure you have mapped the correct data points from Monday to the GSheet columns to get the values to pipe thru as expected.

You can check this by testing and tracing the data points from Monday to your GSheet in order to troubleshoot.

After turning the Zap ON and testing live, check your Zap Runs for the DATA IN/OUT from each Zap step: https://zapier.com/app/history/