Best answer

How to setup Find or create lead in Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM and avoid duplicates?

• 30 January 2020
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi! I'm rather new at this but need a lot of help since a can't find a solution to the former statement (How to set up Find or create lead in Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM and avoid duplicates?)

I'm sure it is simpler than I think but I've tried mane times but don't manage to get real solutions

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 30 January 2020, 10:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Jonna

The easiest approach here would be to add the search step, then a filter step that checks the success of the previous search step (Only continue if "ID" does not exist), and then add your create step after that.

Make sense?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Jonna! The Find or Create Lead action should do the trick here - it will only create a new lead if one doesn't already exist.

Could I ask where you're having trouble? Have you had an error in the Zap? Or does it create a new lead even when there's already an existing one? If you could give us a few more details then we should be able to help 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Danvers

There doesn't seem to be support for Find & Create - just Find:

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 16.55.57.png Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM Integrations | Connect Your Apps with Zapier

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Oh dang, sorry about getting that wrong!

In that case @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu is spot on - you need to use the Find Contact action and then use a Filter step that will allow the Zap to continue only if the Find step doesn't find a contact.

Here's a guide to using Filters if you haven't used on before https://zapier.com/help/how-get-started-filters-zapier/

Userlevel 3

Hi thanks! yes seems logical im going to try it

Userlevel 3

What costume values should i use to find the CP?

Userlevel 3

Thanks for all the ideas the Find or Create Lead action worked like a charm but now I'm trying the next instance: what if the lead enters in other time? With other interest? I'd

example.png like to update it... Zapier offers an option but I've tried several custom values but it gives an error every time

What value should i input?

Userlevel 3

image.pngthis is the error

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Great! I'm glad that the Find lead and filter worked 🙂

If you'd like to customize a lead that was found in the Find Lead step, then the custom value that you need will be the Lead ID.

The ID should look like that long string of numbers and letters that you can see in light grey, to the right of the names in the Lead drop down.

Userlevel 3

ok ill try it

This process can be config in one long zap or is it better to do it in a different one?

Userlevel 3

I don't know what I'm doing wrong it gives me duplicates :(

image.png

image.png

image.pngCorreo means email

image.pngwhat could be left to do?

Userlevel 3

image.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The Microsoft Dynamics 365 Find step can be a little tricky because of this setting:

image.pngIf this is set to no, then it will only 'Find' the existing lead if all of the fields match. Could you try setting that dropdown to yes and seeing if that does the trick?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Jonna! Were you able to get this Zap working in the way that you need it?