Best answer

How to send Custom Newsletters (campaigns) in Active Campaign?

Hello,

I’m a Zap newbie so bear with me. Here’s my use case:

How do I send a custom Newsletter via Active Campaign or pass variables to Active Campaign?

Here is my scenario:

1. Every time I set up a new event that is approved in my platform (Firebase), I want Zapier to sense it and send an email to my community via Active Campaign to my distro list (and yes, I can call the ActiveCampaign API to do it but I want to Zap it)
  2. I have connected my Firebase App to my Zapier and that works and I can retrieve the data that I need from my Firebase platform (i.e. event, event name, date start, max participants, etc,. etc) and that works.
  3. Now Once I have the info from Firebase, I connected my Active Campaign account in Zapier but I cannot figure out how to pass the data (i.e. event, event name etc) to Active Campaign and creating a new campaign (or sending out the email) into the body of the email (campaign).
  4. note: the connection works because I can send out an email to my list but I do not know how to send the detail event data into the body of the email(campaign).

How do I do this? Send out the event data in the body of the message? Thanks

icon

Best answer by christina.d 6 June 2022, 23:16

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @joelrelova 

Good question.

Zap action: ActiveCampaign - Create Campaign

Take note of the descriptions for each field.

The email template would already have to be created.

Next option would be to explore using the ActiveCampaign API: https://developers.activecampaign.com/reference/list-all-campaigns

There is no endpoint to create a Campaign.

Thanks for your reply.

Are you saying that this where you I can select the information/data that I need in blown in the body of the email?

Or this is where I put in the Campaign Name to use?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@joelrelova 

The Email Message field description states.

To generate a new email message, create a new Campaign and setup the email message on the template step.

Save it, then come back into Zapier and choose that message from the dropdown here.

Meaning, you can’t dynamically create new Campaigns via Zaps, as the Campaign must already exist in AC.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hello @joelrelova 

In ActiveCampaign, you can create Custom Fields for Contacts.So use Zapier to pull the data from Firebase and map the respective data like Event Name etc into those Custom Fields.

However,I wont recommend you to use the Action Step of Send Email in ActiveCampaign.Instead while creating the Contact inside ActiveCampaign through Zapier add a specific tag.Later you can create an automation inside ActiveCampaign with a Email Campaign Template to send where you can personalize the content of the email based on the contact details available.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @joelrelova! I wanted to pop in and see if you were able to see if Troy’s and Satya’s recommendations helped to get this sorted for ya? We’d love to know! 🤗

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi friends! 👋🏽 I wanted to summarize some of the recommendations here in case it’s helpful. 

Zap action: ActiveCampaign - Create Campaign

Take note of the descriptions for each field.

The email template would already have to be created.

Next option would be to explore using the ActiveCampaign API: https://developers.activecampaign.com/reference/list-all-campaigns

There is no endpoint to create a Campaign.

An alternative suggestion was also offered here:

Hello @joelrelova 

In ActiveCampaign, you can create Custom Fields for Contacts.So use Zapier to pull the data from Firebase and map the respective data like Event Name etc into those Custom Fields.

However,I wont recommend you to use the Action Step of Send Email in ActiveCampaign.Instead while creating the Contact inside ActiveCampaign through Zapier add a specific tag.Later you can create an automation inside ActiveCampaign with a Email Campaign Template to send where you can personalize the content of the email based on the contact details available.

I hope this helps!