Best answer

How to only resize image if it’s over 6MB?

• 7 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I am trying to use to publish a photo in Dext through my Glide app. Unfortunetely, Dext only allows pictures under 6 MB. I found a way to resize my pictures with Filestack. The problem is, I just want to resize pictures that are actually above 6 MB.

I have 2 potential solutions, that I can’t make work. Open also to other solutions.

---

Solution 1. Figure out picture resolution coming out of Glide.

If > 6MB, branch out and use Filestack to resize, then send to Dext.

Else, send to Dext directly.

Problem : I don’t know how I could measure the photo resolution in a simple way?

---

Solution 2. If Zap to Publish on Dext fails, Trigger other Zap that resizes image.

If Zap to Send on Dext fails (Image > 6MB), then trigger other Zap that will resize with Filestack then send to Dext.

Problem : Not sure how to transfer the data from Glide from Photo 1 to the other one Photo 2. OR how to merge those 2 zaps, since Zap Error is a trigger, juste like the Glide one.

---

Photo 1:

Photo 2:

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 7 December 2021, 03:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @djudes 

What data points are available from the Zap trigger for Zap Solution 1?

Currently, only the picture URL.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@djudes 

You can try uploading it to a GDrive Folder which will return the file size to then Filter on.

@Troy Tessalone thanks so much. Should have asked for help before. :)