Best answer

How to make sure an app (like MoneyBird) upports line items?

Userlevel 1

I’ve seen a list of apps that support line items, but that list is quite old (2017). How can I check that an App (like in our case: MoneyBird) supports line items? It’s not on the list. I already asked the company themselves and got a positive answer. But I don’t see line items in their zaps as a possibility. So maybe an unexperienced employee got me on the wrong track. What’s a proof that an App supports line items?

icon

Best answer by Angelo Spiler 12 May 2021, 12:54

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Angelo Spiler 

Check out the available triggers/actions/searches for an app.

MoneyBird: https://zapier.com/apps/moneybird/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Often the descriptions for each event will indicate if line-items are supported.

You can also check the available help articles for an app to see if it mentions line-items.

MoneyBird: https://zapier.com/apps/moneybird/help

Otherwise, the only way to be sure is to configure a Zap with the desired apps and events to determine if line items are supported.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Angelo Spiler 

GSheets example with line items

Userlevel 1

Well @Troy Tessalone , thanks but that’s the obvious route and I read those help pages of course. And naturally I configured a Zap to try to determine if MoneyBird supports line items. Well there are 2 possibilities then: I am overlooking something as an amateur or the contact at MoneyBird doesn’t know where he/she’s talking about. Here are two screenshots of a MB Zap…. no line items to be found, are there? So in your opinion: does MoneyBird support line items? I hope to get this question clear, then I would have the truth at my side in my discussion with them. Anyway, thanks for helping, I really appreciate it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Angelo Spiler 

I have not used MoneyBird before, so my feedback is based on other Zaps.

From your screenshots it’s unclear which MB Action you are using.

Often when you see a grouped section within the Zap like ‘Details Attributes’ that can indicate support for line-items.

Furthermore, data often has to be formatted a certain way to work with line items.

Check out the Formatter > Utilities options for help with line items data.

You can open a ticket with Zapier Support for further assistance as well: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

TIP: When in doubt, test it out!

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone I agree that The Detaits Attribute normally gives an indication, but in this case it does not give that sign. I know for other apps, it tells by the name ‘line items’.  The screenshots are from an invoice action, trigger is Airtable. I guess that people like me who are not experts and are in doubt, really try to test it out. But still some uncertainty is there, because somebody who is supposed to know better like the MB-contact, probably doesn’t. I will open a ticket  at Zapier Support to get the definite answer, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Zapier Support came up with the definite answer: MoneyBird supports line items. The problem was that I didn’t know the right ‘line item syntax.’ I succeeded after putting in the ‘Text to Line-item’ Transfor Action to the ZAP. Thanks for helping. Nice to see those things working now.