Best answer

How to link a Jira ticket to a Zendesk ticket?

• 29 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve created a Zap that will create a Jira ticket every time a new Zendesk ticket is created - this works fine. However, I need my Zap to also LINK the Jira ticket that was created to the Zendesk ticket it was created from via the Zendesk- Jira integration in Zendesk.

In the screenshot below, I’d like for the Jira ticket that was created in my Zap to appear linked in the Apps section in the Zendesk ticket. Is this possible to configure my Zap to do this?

icon

Best answer by SamB 28 March 2024, 15:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Judy ,

Thanks for reaching out! I see you have been in contact with Tim in Support on this question.

As they mentioned, our Jira Software Cloud integration doesn't currently support returning a link to the issue created in Jira (that you would need to write into another Action like Update Ticket in Zendesk). I see Tim has added you to this feature request as a vote which will add weight to this feature in queue and remind us to notify you with any update!

I know that’s not the answer you were hoping for but please let us know if you have any further questions!

Userlevel 1

It really has been more than a year since this question was posted was trying to see if this is possible today

I’ve created a Zap that will create a Jira ticket every time a new Zendesk ticket is created - this works fine. However, I need my Zap to also LINK the Jira ticket that was created to the Zendesk ticket it was created from via the Zendesk- Jira integration in Zendesk.

In the screenshot below, I’d like for the Jira ticket that was created in my Zap to appear linked in the Apps section in the Zendesk ticket. Is this possible to configure my Zap to do this

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Judy!
Thanks for checking in! I double checked and this is still an open feature request at the moment. 😔

I did find this potential workaround I wanted to share though:

In Jira a custom field can be created, which Zapier can read and populate. In Jira Cloud, there is an automation feature where you can edit an issue when created to populate the Epic Link field with the value in the custom field that Zapier populates.

Do you think this could work for you? Keep us posted!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks, 

Just wanted to stop by here to share that the feature request, to have a link returned for the issue created in Jira, has been implemented. 😁

That said, if you run into any issues in selecting the Issue URL from a Create Issue (Jira Software Cloud) action please do let us know and we’ll be happy to assist. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡