Best answer

How to insert chart from Google Sheets into Google Slides?

• 10 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey guys!

I am trying to find a way to automatically create/add a chart on google slides from a newly updated google sheet. Below is my zap flow :

• Step 1 : CRM Hook - Trigger : When a new prospect comes in
  • Step 2 : Create a new spreadsheet from template
  • Step 3 : Update spreadsheet row with content from CRM
  • Step 4 : Create presentation (google slide) from template

I am trying to add the chart from the spreadsheet onto the slide. I can’t seem to find an option to do so? Anyone help please?

*If I can insert a chart on a slide and be able to change the source of this chart via zapier so it will reflect updated numbers, that could also work.

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 July 2021, 12:10

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hmm, that’s an interesting question @Limbic :thinking:

The Create Slide from Template action can replace placeholder information, so the question is whether you can set the source of the chart as a placeholder. I’m not sure that’s possible, but I think that’s how you would do it. 

Userlevel 1

This is also my problem! Hopefully I find a solution as well! Please update?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up to confirm that should be possible to pull in a chart created in a Google Sheet with the Google Slides integration. We have a help guide on how to set up templates for Google Slides here: How to Use the "Set up Google Slides Presentation" Action 

If you’re also wanting to update an existing chart when values are changed on the associated Google Sheet, then you’ll want to use a Google Slides Refresh Charts action. This will get the updated values from Google Sheets and update those on the Google Slide. Hope this helps! :)