Best answer

How to find a google contact by phone

• 16 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I am working on a flow to sync contacts between a small CRM solution and Google Contacts, so added / updated contacts in the system are created / updated in Google Contacts.

But the existing app only supports searching by name and email, while the most important key for the customer is the phone number (and I believe it goes for most users of Google Contacts syncing their Android contacts to Google).

So, how can I find people in Google Contacts using the phone number without using the Google People API directly?

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 16 November 2020, 14:21

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi there, 

Unfortunately, as you described, it is not a feature in the integration.

It could be possible to set up a work around using google sheets, you would need to set up a zap to trigger when a new google contact is added to add the contact to a google sheet then you can search by any field you’d like. Otherwise, Zapier makes it easy to build a custom integration to accomplish anything you’d like. You can learn more here https://zapier.com/platform