Question

How to create small events on Google Calendar

• 26 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I am looking for a solution.

For a HR client, he wants to create automatically event on Google Calendar of 30 minutes.

I add a duration of 30 minutes in Google Calendar but I want than a time for example on Monday from 9am to 12pm, organize meetings of 30 minutes. So it will 6 meetings of 30 meetings I don’t how to do that.

Do you have any idea? 

I use airtable, google calendar and zapier to do everything.

Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Julluj ,

There are multiple ways to build this automaton.

• If calendar event time will be same every day or every week than you can use Scheduler by Zapier  as Trigger  (https://zapier.com/apps/schedule/integrations)
  • If event time can change, than you can use Airtable - New Record as Trigger.

Coming to Actions, You can use below action to create event in Google Calender

Thank you.

I find a way to choose the start and the end of the session.

How can I create through this, 6 sessions of 30 minutes?

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@Julluj Create a row for each session in Airtable and that will create calendar invite for every row.

The problem is the client creates a session of 3 or 4 hours and after I have to create sessions of 30 minutes.

How can I do that?

No idea?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Julluj,

If you’re not able to put each of the six session’s start and end times into Airtable as separate rows and then create the events from them individually, then maybe you could add six Create Detailed Event Google Calendar steps to the Zap to create them.

When setting up those event steps you would need to select the value in the End Date Time field from the previous step. This will allow you to set the values for the Start Date & Time and End Date & Time fields correctly. To get each to only last 30 mins you’d need to use the +30m time modifier (make sure to leave a space in between the date and the time modifier or it won’t work) on the End Date & Time field. 

For example:
fa8ccfe8523f742e723a812bae88a689.png

This would result in a second 30 min session being created after the first session ends:
966e12ced9439dbf1712b31a882c2c1c.png

Then you’d repeat this process for the subsequent session event steps. You can find out more about using time modifiers here: Adjust date and time values in Zaps

Do you think that approach could work for you? :)