Question

How to create Salesforce tasks when an email is sent in Mailchimp?

• 17 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to log an Activity (Task) to Salesforce whenever an email is sent in Mailchimp?  I have all Mailchimp records in Salesforce.

Thanks,

Russell

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 1

The latter.  So if a mailing in Mailchimp has 50 recipients, I would like to create an activity in Salesforce for each one of them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@russkarp 

Please clarify the following…

Scenario: You send 1 Mailchimp mailing with 5 recipients.

In Salesforce, would you expect 1 Activity to be logged for the entire sent mailing? (If yes, then see screenshot below for the Mailchimp trigger to use in the Zap)

OR in Salesforece, would you expect 5 Activities to be logged 1 for each recipient of the mailing?

(There is available Mailchimp Zap trigger for this, and may require using the Mailchimp API)

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

Just logging an email in activity in Salesforce when there is a mailing in Mailchimp.  I am less concerned about opens and links clicked.

Thanks,

Russell

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @russkarp 

By email, do you mean confirmation that an entire Mailchimp email campaign was sent to X recipients OR are you looking to log sent emails per recipient?

The Mailchimp Zap app integration has these 2 triggers that may work for your use case: