Best answer

How to create new Google Sheets with Zapier

• 25 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello dear community,I've been looking for a solution to a problem for a long time. Maybe you can help me here. The point is that we use Hubspot as a CRM. But we create our offers using an Excel file. Because that is where our calculations etc. included. In our earlier CRM we had a button which we pressed which then imported all the data into our Excel file via a macro. So a new Excel file was created and all information from the customer was inserted directly.Do you think it is possible to trigger something via any Zap? So copy this Excel file (can also be Google Sheets) and add all customer information.With which app could we solve this?We would appreciate any food for thought.
icon

Best answer by SamB 26 November 2021, 17:02

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Atilla!

The closest thing we’d have to that is our recently-launched Transfer (https://zapier.com/help/create/other-functions/bulk-import-data-into-apps-with-transfer) but we don’t currently support HubSpot as a source app, unfortunately. Unless you’re saying that Excel or Google Sheets would be the source app, and you’re trying to move data *into* HubSpot, in which case this could be a solution for you :) 

Userlevel 1
Hey thanks for the quick response. The main problem is that I like to copy the templates first. So if I have saved the offer template in Drive, for example. Then I would like to have this template copied and pasted. So that a new offer is created. Without changing the template. Do you have any idea how I can do that? Are there any apps in Zapier before that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Atilla,

The Excel and Google Sheets integrations don’t appear to have a “Copy Spreadsheet” action. But Google Drive does have a Copy File action which you could use to make a copy of the spreadsheet template. 

Then you’d follow that up with a Google Sheets Update Spreadsheet Row action to update the customer information. If you’ve got more than one row that would need to be updated with the customer information from HubSpot then you may need to use additional Update Spreadsheet Row actions. 

Does that sound like it could work?

Userlevel 1
Hey @SamB  thanks for the quick response. It even worked. At least the most part with Google Drive. Now I have the problem that I cannot get the customer information into the Google Sheet. You can see the file attached. I would like to add the information in field B14.Do you happen to know how to do it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s good news @Atilla! I’m so glad you were able to get those files copied using Google Drive. :)

Hmm, it doesn’t look like that Google Sheet is set up in the way we’d normally expect. In order for the Update Spreadsheet Row action to be able to update a value in column B of Row 14 you’d need to have header columns present in the Google Sheet. Otherwise you’ll run into a “We didn’t see any headers in the selected spreadsheet and worksheet” error message when setting up the step.

You can find out more about how the Google Sheet would need to be set up here: Work with Google Sheets in Zaps

Alternatively, I’m wondering if it might be better to create Google Documents for the offers rather than Google Sheets spreadsheets?

You could set up a template in Google Docs, then use the Google Docs Create Document from Template action to fill out the values (from HubSpot) for the different placeholder variables. I’d recommend checking out our How to create and autopopulate a Google Docs template tutorial for more details on how to set up the template.

Hope that helps!