Best answer

How to create an alert from products being out of stock in Shopify?

• 5 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I am a newbie on Zapier and I have been trying to create a zap so I can receive an email everytime a product is out of stock. Then another email to inform me that the product has been put back in stock.

How should I go about that?

I looked into this topic here; 

but it looks like the zap actually update the inventory level in shopify which something not needed as shopify updates its inventory automatically when an order is placed.

Thank you for your help.

icon

Best answer by SamB 8 March 2022, 10:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @JLEP

I did some checking and it appears that we’ve got a feature request open to have an “Item out of Stock” trigger added to the Shopify app. Which is what you’d need to use for part of the desired workflow here. So I’ve added your vote for it. I can’t make any promises as to when that trigger would be added but we’ll email you as soon as it is! 

In the meantime, there may be a third party app you can install in Shopify directly which would send you an email when stock is low. There’s a few mentioned in a related thread on Shopify’s website here: Notify Me (The Seller) That Product Has Just Went Out Of Stock 

They don’t appear to mention alerts for when a product is back in stock specifically, but it I suspect there will be an app in the Shopify app store that will have that functionality. Hope that helps! :slight_smile: