Best answer

How to create a zap that sends an Airtable record to Intercom as a User AND tag as "x"?

• 30 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m creating a Zap where doing the following: 

1. I’m sending Airtable records from a specific view to Intercom
  2. Once they’re in Intercom, I want this new user or lead to be tagged with a specified tag

The first part is easy, but when I add another step to the Zap I’m selecting “Add/Remove Tag on User in Intercom”.

When you’re in the customize tag section, the fields required are “Email” and “Tag Name”.

How do I get it to reference the existing User in the zap that is being added so that it can assign the tag to it?

Right now, if I add the users email to the “Email” field and assign a tag, if I try to turn on or test the zap, it fails because the User isn’t created yet so it can’t add a tag to the assigned record.

icon

Best answer by jesse 1 June 2020, 17:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Sajad,

I can see that you’ve written to our Support team and they responded to your ticket about this issue. Have you had a chance to check that out yet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @szda

We just wanted to follow-up here! Looking at the support thread you had open with our team, my colleague Nick replied and said:

I've taken a look at the Zap linked and don't see an "Add/Update Tag" step, is in Intercom that you're trying to take this action correct?

It sounds like the "New Record" trigger in Airtable is causing the Zap to run before the email is entered on this record, is that correct? If so, I think a Delay step followed by a "Find Record" step could work to ensure all of the needed information has been added.

Were you able to make those adjustments and get things working here? Let us know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @szda!

I wanted to check in with you on this one, since we didn't hear back after our last message. Did you still need help here or were you able to resolve things? Please let us know :)