Best answer

How to create a zap from WordPress off a scheduled post

• 13 May 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi - I am trying to create a zap from Wordpress to Airtable that sends over a Wordpress post when it’s scheduled.  My purpose here is that I also use Airtable and Zapier to create, schedule and send social campaigns on each post.  While I can get the Blog RSS feed to Airtable easily through Zapier, I’d like to get those messages done before the blog is published.  I may have to do this the old fashioned manual add way, but thought I’d see if anyone has done this successfully.  

Here’s what I tried: 

Zap trigger: New post in Wordpress 

The only Post statuses to select from are: 

• Draft
  • pending review
  • private 
  • published 

I selected “Draft” and then added in a Filter Only if.  

When I look through the list of available fields, the only date fields I see (which all indicate the date the post was created, not the date it’s scheduled for) are: 

Post Date

Post Date GMT

Post Modified

Post Modified GMT

None of these show the date it was scheduled for. 

Any help appreciated! 

Thanks,

Jeannie

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 19 May 2020, 10:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Jeannie Ruesch ,

Thanks for reaching out! 

To help us better understand what may be possible here, could you share a screenshot of your configuration (minus any personal info)?

We’ll be on the lookout and can dig in from there!

Hi @Liz_Roberts - Happy to! What parts do you want?   Here’s what I have in the first part, pulling from Wordpress.  That works fine if I select “Draft”. 

It’s the Filter step that I pause at, because there is nothing that I can see that filters off “Scheduled” or scheduled date or anything similar.  I added screenshots of the only date related fields I can find - and neither of them are the scheduled date. 

Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Jeannie Ruesch 

Sadly, it just doesn’t look like there is any way to detect a scheduled post based on that trigger data.