Best answer

How to create a New Receipt in Quickbooks from Airtable with line items

Userlevel 2

I’m trying to create a new receipt in QB from Airtable, but I need the new receipt to track a split in the donation for different types of “products/services” in QB.  I’ve tried the Line Itemizer, but I can’t find a way to assign the different types of donations into separate “products/services” lines in QB. 

For example, I receive a $100 donation, but the donor wants to designate $50 for “sponsorship,” $30 for “General,” and $20 for “Other.”  I’ve created the Zap to get the $100 from Airtable to QB and assigned to the correct “Donor,” but I can’t seem to figure out how to show the individual lines (I do have separate fields in Airtable for each “type” of donation).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave

icon

Best answer by BowTieBots 21 May 2020, 15:47

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @KUDU Admin,

Currently there is no way to set different “product/services” values with Zapier.

The closest you could get is to use line item support and create multiple line items with one “product/service” type. → Then send an email (or add a task Asana or similar) to a member of your team with the Receipt Number and correct “product/service” values based on line item → that team member could then manually adjust the Sales Receipt.

It’s not 100% automated but your data would be 90% correct on creation and you would have a system for notifying someone of a task that needs to be completed and provide them with the information they need to perform the task quickly.

Userlevel 2

Thanks Rich

Userlevel 2

Actually, Zapier support was able to walk me through a process to make it work; completely automated.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@KUDU Admin Do you mind sharing the workflow.  I would love to know how you made this work.

Userlevel 2

BowTieBots,

I think the easiest way for me to get you the info is for me to send you the email thread.  If you PM me your email address and I’ll forward you the thread.

Dave

Are you for hire? I need very similar done. I hired someone and they are mIA so I am stuck. I am afraid to touch anything at this point. I need to generae invoice from QB online from airtable.. I think he also has me in amazon db...he has linked so much I can’t figure it out.. alot of money and 6 months and nothing...and now our work is harder to invoice because there is such a paper trail! HELP someone please!!! This person I hired was one of the “experts” listed on Zapier. Well I paid him and he is gone! 

Please someone help me.

Userlevel 2

Are you for hire? I need very similar done. I hired someone and they are mIA so I am stuck. I am afraid to touch anything at this point. I need to generae invoice from QB online from airtable.. I think he also has me in amazon db...he has linked so much I can’t figure it out.. alot of money and 6 months and nothing...and now our work is harder to invoice because there is such a paper trail! HELP someone please!!! This person I hired was one of the “experts” listed on Zapier. Well I paid him and he is gone! 

Please someone help me.

Sorry signpro, I’m not a Zapier Pro.  The create an invoice option looks pretty straight forward, I’m guessing you can get basic questions answered on the forum.  Good luck!

Can you share the workflow with me? What I have has become so confusing. I thought it would be easy too...but this person who started the job kept adding more and more now it is such a mess! I am afraid to touch it as we are using it and it could be a disaster.

I think we need to start new?

What a mess I am in. Anyone out there that wants to start new? I can send you the map of what we need to accomplish. 

Quite frankly, I hired a Zapier Pro….and here I am! He wont’ call..he is MIA for weeks….Probably shouldn’t have paid in front! Takes the money and POOF! Gone! So much for Zapier Pro! Not impressed!

Does Zapier do any research? Or can anyone say they are a “PRO”?  I realize they pass a test, doesn’t mean they are eithical.

Sorry. I am just really ticked off… a lot of money and 6 months burned!

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@signpro I flagged your comment with Zapier.  Your experience is not acceptable for a Certified Pro.  They should be reaching out to you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@signpro It sounds like you’ve had a really bad experience with a Zapier expert and I’m sorry about that.

I know that you mentioned this to the Support Team and they’ve raised it with the team at Zapier that works with Certified Zapier Experts. We passed your messages in the Community to Zapier Experts team, so that they have the full picture. Someone from the Experts Team will reach out to you soon.