Best answer

How to connect Constant Contact & Job Nimbus using Zapier

• 18 October 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Any advice is welcome!

I'm looking for a way to connect JN and Constant Contact using Zapier. Basically I want 1 job type, at certain JobNimbus job statuses to be added to my Constant Contact email list so I can send out a monthly newsletter to them.

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 18 October 2019, 18:18

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @solar1! Could I clarify something you said here?

You said:

When I get to the Filter section of the trigger editor, there is no option for choosing a specific JobNimbus job type or status.

Do you mean that you were looking for the option to choose a specific job type or status when you were setting up the trigger? The bit in the editor where it says 'Customize Job'?

image.pngIf that's the case then you're right that you wont see the Job Status or Type there.

What @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu was suggesting was that you add a filter step into the Zap after the trigger step. When a filter is added to a Zap, it looks at the information coming into the filter and only allows the actions to continue if the information meets specific criteria. In this case, if the Job type or status is in the information that you get from the JobNimbus trigger then you'll be able to use a Filter step to decide whether or not the Zap should proceed. Here's a guide that explains more about how filters work.

I hope that helps, if it doesn't let us know and perhaps someone will have another idea!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@solar1 - Ok, that's frustrating. Could you possibly take a screenshot of all the fields you do get back when you test the trigger? Perhaps we can find some workaround here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @solar1 - welcome to the Zapier community.

You should be able to use the following JobNimbus trigger:

Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 18.17.13.pngThen, you can add a "Filter" action step and hopefully use one of the trigger fields to stop the zap running unless that field matches certain criteria. That's how you'd narrow to a specific job type and/or status.

Let us know if you've already tried this and you're having trouble and we can do our best to help!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Andrew_Luhhu Thanks for the feedback! When I get to the Filter section of the trigger editor, there is no option for choosing a specific JobNimbus job type or status. That's where I'm getting stuck. I researched custom values but I am still unsure how to use the custom value selection. Any advice would be much appreciated, we would love to utilize Zapier.