Question

How to configure PagerDuty Zap so it gets data from incident assigned to anyone

• 2 April 2020
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I’m trying to setup PagerDuty Zap to send email. It works fine when I specify the assgined person in the incident (Assigned to filed below)

Now for this to be really effective I need it to send email when it’s assigned to anyone, not just some specific user...but if I leave the Assigned To field blank and try to fetch data, it always fails…

I tried the Custom option but it doesn’t allow me to input anything

Any idea what I migth be missing?

Thanks,
A.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @alejandovk 

This is odd - usually, if you *have* to select a specific person that field would be marked ‘required’. As it’s not required in this case, it should pull through incident for all users.

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Thanks a bunch @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu !

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu !

Hi @alejandovk ,

Thanks for reaching out! I am escalating this to Support and they will be in touch just as soon as they can!

I will follow the ticked at be sure to update this post with the resolution :relaxed:

Thanks @Liz_Roberts 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @alejandovk, we just wanted to check in here! We didn’t see any responses from you in your related support ticket. Are you still having trouble or were you able to get this sorted out?

Let us know!

Hello @jesse 

What is the related support ticket?? I never saw that and I don’t see any link here for that?

Cheers,

A.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @alejandovk! Sorry to hear that you never received those emails :(

We’d created a support ticket on your behalf then one of our support staff had gotten back to you. Since that didn’t seem to work, if you’re still having problems your best bet is to contact our support team directly via our website.

If it helps at all, here’s what we’d sent you:

Sounds like a reasonable request! Let's see if this is possible with the app integrations 🙂

Could you provide me with a link to the Zap in question (open the Zap in your browser and copy the link from the address bar) and provide me with a couple of screenshots to visually indicate this? That way I'll be sure to look at the same thing.

I can't guarantee this will be available, but I'll definitely look into this for you.