Best answer

How to automatically select existing products when creating new orders in Shopify?

• 12 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am trying to upload unique SKU’s from a google sheet into Shopify. These SKU’s already preexist in Shopify store a product. I am able to bring the products individually (line items) into Shopify, however, they are coming in as a “new” product and not coming into Shopify as a pre-existing product with same product name/title which is already in Shopify 

1. I am using Utility function to convert “Text To Line-Item”
  2. And then taking output from Utility app into Shopify webstore 

This is the output in Shopify web store. It is coming as a “new” Product instead of linking to an already preexisting product with the below product name/title 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 13 January 2022, 17:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @charlesriver 

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured with the variables mapped between Zap steps, thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone here you go. let me know if any more information is needed. Thanks 

Step1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Step 4:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@charlesriver 

You may need to use the internal Shopify Product IDs for this field.

You can check by looking at the values in the dropdown when the mapped variable is removed.

Take note of the internal Product IDs (smaller gray font under each friendly name).

The Shopify action may create new Products if an existing Shopify Product ID is not found, which would explain the behavior you are experiencing.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone I just tried that and still outputting similar issue

In order to find the “Product ID”, I added a “Find Product Using Title” feature in Zapier and then used the output from there under Create Order. See the screenshots below

I did that just with one SKU (before doing the loop) and faced a similar issue. See screenshot below

"Finding the Product In Shopify"

image.png

Found the Product ID for the above description

image.png

In Create Order, I added the Product Id under line item and the Title I found by "Find Product" under Product Title 

image.png

Shopify Output - Still did not find the SKU that already exist in Shopify 

image.png

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone 

An Update

I was able to figure out and get correct id published in Shopify as needed. Thanks for your input on that. To follow up on the above, I can only find one product ID at a time through “Find Product by Title in Shopify”.

I was thinking using “Create Loop From Text” feature so the process run multiple times depending on the unique SKU, but I am not able to figure out how do I use the output from “Create Loop From Text” into “Find Product Title in Shopify”. See example below

1. Set it up for 2 unique item in the below screen shot

1. The feature output two unique SKU as required
  1. Now trying to map the above results in the Find Product feature and little lost here. These are the options I get when I try to map it but not sure which one to use. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @charlesriver 

Working with line items can get tricky with the logic involved.

You may want to explore using Storage by Zapier or Digest by Zapier to aggregate and retrieve the data.

Storage: https://zapier.com/apps/storage/integrations

Digest: https://zapier.com/apps/digest/help

You can have a Looping app run, then only continue after the last iteration as per...

How do I stop a loop from running in subsequent action steps?

All actions after the looping step will run for each iteration of the loop. If you don’t want an action step to loop:

• After the last step you want to loop, add a filter step.
  • Set the filter to only continue if the value loop_iteration_is_last matches the (Boolean) Is True condition.

The filter will run in every loop but will only pass in the last loop. Any actions step after the filter will run once in the last loop and use only 1 task.

Note

If you want an action step to only run once, add it before the looping step, if possible. This will use less tasks and the filter step won’t be needed.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you!