Best answer

How to add Mailchimp groups to Google Sheets?

• 2 December 2021
  • 8 replies

I’m trying to add MailChimp audience to google sheet. I can  select all the MailChimp columns except groups. Only way I can access groups by using these values but how can we access individual group values ? 
If I use Merges Groupings it insert all group values together to google sheet column.
How can we add  one group column of MailChimp to google sheet column ?

icon

Best answer by SamB 3 December 2021, 14:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @johannes321 

Guide on using Line Items in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/use-line-items-in-zaps

@SamB  Yes you got it right. I will try with the line item utility .

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ah ok, I think I can see the issue here now, @johannes321. It looks like you may be receiving the groups values as either line items or a comma separated list of values which you want to have separated out into individual fields. Am I understanding that correctly? 

If so, and it’s a comma-separated list of values you’ll want to try using a Formatter (Text > Split Text) step to separate each value out into it’s own field. 

And if it’s line items, then you could try using a Formatter (Utilities > Line-items to Text) action to split them into individual fields. 

Hopefully that’ll do the trick and allow you to select those values individually for each column! :)

@SamB  Thanks. I tried that. But I don’t see any new fields related to individual groups even after changing sample data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @johannes321,

I’ve merged that duplicated topic into this thread so that we can keep the conversation going in one place! :) 

In the screenshot of the sample data it appears to be a default sample from MailChimp so that might be why it’s not showing the fields as you’d expect. Can you try changing the selected sample in your Mailchimp trigger step to see if that then allows you to select the individual group?

@Troy Tessalone I can’t edit this question so I posted a more detailed question here 

I’m trying to add MailChimp audience to google sheet. I can  select all the MailChimp columns except groups.

In MailChimp I have User records like this .Patient type and entry product are  group not a fields.

This my my zap (I have removed

irrelevant blocks )

I can access MailChimp merge values like this 

The Issue is I can’t add Mailchimp group values corresponding to google sheet column because group values are not shown in MailChimp value list .As shown in the picture It only show group values for all groups not for individual groups. For example i can’t see anything like group->patient here.

Only way I can access groups by using these values but how can we access individual group values ? 

If I use “Merges Groupings”  it insert all group values together to google sheet column but not individual columns values.

How can I add  one group column of MailChimp to google sheet column ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @johannes321 

Perhaps you can outline a specific example of how you are expecting the data to be sent to the GSheet to help give us better context on what you are trying to automate, thanks.