Question

How do you render GoCanvas images in Excel or Smartsheet from image urls?

• 15 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I use zapier to extract information from my GoCanvas forms and put it into various Excel spreadsheets and Smartsheets to inform dashboards and kpi trackers.  I’ve recently added the opportunity to take photos into some of my forms and would like to put the captured images on the spreadsheet row in both excel and smartsheet.  In Google sheets you can just use IMAGE(“url”) to render the image, but my Company don’t use Google any more and have moved to Office.

Is there a way of doing something similar to get the images rendered in Excel (or Smartsheet) rather than using a url hyperlink? The problem I have is most people won’t bother to look at the hyperlinks if there isn’t at least a thumbnail of the image to view and entice them to click it!

I saw a suggestion to use zapier webhooks but unfortunately webhooks don’t seem to work with GoCanvas at present.

Thanks for any advice you can give!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @eskinner 

Seems it may be possible:

https://geekexcel.com/how-to-insert-or-display-images-from-urls-or-file-paths-in-excel/

Userlevel 1

Hi @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 

thanks for the idea, I had looked at this link already but unfortunately it requires an add on which I can’t do.

I suspect the only way will be to use code, but wanted to avoid that if at all possible to keep it simple!

thanks

Ed