Best answer

How do you mention a channel in Microsoft Teams action?

What should I do to mention the entire channel in a Microsoft Teams action?If you are an individual user, the mention will be successful with the following description.<at> sample@test.co.jp <at>
icon

Best answer by SamB 16 August 2021, 15:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community @kt1111

I did some digging and you’re totally right! It’s only possible to mention individual users, not channels, with the Microsoft Teams integration currently. That said, there is an existing feature request for the ability to do that so I’ve added your vote to it. Doing that helps us to keep track of the number of users interested in this feature and increase its priority. 

I can’t share an ETA on when it might be possible to mention channels in Microsoft Teams but we’ll send you an email notification as soon as it is! :) 

Can I please +1 vote for this feature as well?

We have a few zaps posting conversations into Channels but the feedback is that no one see’s them as they do not have notifications turned on. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sure thing, @VinnieTron!

I’ve added your vote to that feature request as well. We’ll be in touch by email once it’s been implemented. :) 

This is something that would help us out a lot too.  Please add my vote to the feature as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @the.real.paul. You got it, I got your vote added to that request! We’ll keep you and this thread in the loop as soon as we know more. 🙂

Can you also note my vote? Really could use it :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Of course, @Steam-connect! Your vote has been added as well.

We’ll be sure to email you once it’s been added! :)

Hi, I am trying to mention the whole team in the channel rather than one user. Is there anyway to do this?

In case not I did try to use at tags like you’ve shown on each of the users separately but when it posts only a few of the users mentions work, not all of them.

Unsure what else to do, so for now I have just posted a message to a chat rather than to a channel in hopes they all can get some type of alert.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hiya @Boffix! I hope you don’t mind but I moved your question to an existing topic. 🙂 At the moment, tagging a team or channel isn’t possible but I did go ahead and add your vote to the feature request mentioned in this thread. This way if it does get implemented we’ll be sure to keep you in the loop via email.

Please add my vote to this feature request as well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You got it, @GDF! We’ve got your vote added to that. 🙂