Best answer

How do I use meta data to filter WooCommerce product availability updates?

When our partners change availabilities in woocommerce we’d like to create a trello task for our support.

The change can be an alternated availability rule or a new one is added, we’d like this one to trigger.
But as far as I can see, the trigger is general and thus I have a hard time to filtering out those changes, which are within the meta data of the product with a distinct key.

Since we do export our products and availabilities also to a google sheet, we could also try to go another way and change availability there and change it from there to the products and trello, but I am also not sure, if this is possible, dealing with meta data arrays.

icon

Best answer by achiever 3 May 2022, 23:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @achiever 

Good question.

Perhaps you can outline a few specific examples with real data for us to have more context about the data inputs and desired outputs.

One option to look into may be with WooCommerce Webhooks: https://woocommerce.com/document/webhooks/

If there is a related Webhook Event, then you can use Webhook - Catch Hook as the Zap trigger app which will generated a webhook URL to use in WC.

While I tried to explain all I did I figured out a way to do it by setting the right filter to the product meta data key.

Now since this meta data is an array it will not work for any item, but with our process behind this is not a problem :)