Best answer

How do I use Delay by Zapier steps to use less steps in my Zap?

• 5 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi all,

I want to use the delay step from Zapier in order to save some steps. I basically have a scenario where attendees sign up for a course, they are sent reminders 1 week before the course, then 1 day before the course. At the moment I use to Zaps to do this. 

I want to use one zap that sends a reminder 1 week before, then delays for 6 days and then send the final reminder. 

My question, what if some one cancels their attendance to the course a after the 1 week reminder? I obviously don’t want to send them the final reminder 6 days later, however, I want the zap to run to remind others. 

Would the option to be to add a filter on the next step to remove the canceled user? Also, is the delay step affected if the Zap is switched off and then back on i.e is the data, relating to what is scheduled to queue, stored anywhere else? 

Cheers 

icon

Best answer by CraigNet3 5 October 2020, 15:48

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi Currently Jason. If you have a way to check the subscription status, then you should do that immediately after the delay step. Next you can filter out the unsubscribed users based on the results.

Also delayed tasks will still execute after a pause as long as the delay hasn’t expired by the time you turn the Zap back on. More info here: https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-delay#how-do-i-stop-a-task-thats-delayed