Best answer

How do I search for multiple products with Quickbooks Online

• 4 October 2021
  • 8 replies

I’m using gravity forms to create product selection. Using the incoming data from GF, I run Javascript to create an array. I do this twice - once for the product name, once for the product price. Once the array of names is complete, I’m trying to use “Find Product(s)” for Quickbooks to create line items. I’m only getting one search result back though. I’ve tried doing the search on the individual names, manually added in and they do return. From everything I’m seeing, a comma separated list should bring back multiple products, but so far I’m not seeing that happen.

icon

Best answer by SamB 7 October 2021, 11:21

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @brantmagic 

Try using the Looping app: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/integrations

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @brantmagic ,

You should use Loops by Zapier. With this you can search multiple items in Quickbooks.

@jayeshkumarbhatia @Troy Tessalone sadly, I’ve discovered that multiple products with QBO is no longer compatible.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @brantmagic ,

That’s why we told use Loops by Zapier where you can search for each item. You can learn about Loops by Zapier here

@jayeshkumarbhatia @Troy Tessalone sadly, I’ve discovered that multiple products with QBO is no longer compatible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to chime in here as spotted that @brantmagic reached out to our Support Team and was added to an existing bug report for this issue where multiple QuickBooks products are not being found as expected. We don’t have an ETA on when this will be resolved but we’ll send an email notification as soon as it is.

In the meantime, it should be possible to use a Looping by Zapier action as @Troy Tessalone and @jayeshkumarbhatia mentioned, to get around this. You can find out more about setting up a Looping by Zapier action here: Loop your Zap actions :)

@SamB the looping option also doesn’t work. This was confirmed with the rep that I was speaking with.

Quote from Jaleel

“Hey Brant,

Thanks for getting back to me! I took a look and you were able to set this up as needed!

However, I'll have to apologize as it doesn't appear that using Looping by Zapier will allow you to accomplish what you need. There are a few limitations, such that the action steps following the Loop step are affected by the loop.”

The only steps I have after are find product and create invoice. Those steps seem essential to the process

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @brantmagic ,

• You can use Loops and Storage by Zapier to build the array.

I will suggest consider hiring an expert from expert directory here (or you can hire me)

@jayeshkumarbhatia I’ve already built the array. The issue is that quickbooks won’t return more than one product, whether it’s going through the loop or going from an array. I’m not interested in trying to arrange hiring an expert when the zap just doesn’t work, and is already acknowledged as a known issue. I can code this myself, I was just trying to save time by using the zap since it seemed available — but apparently it’s not.